Pain in anus when masturbating or ejaculating. Pressure in anus, no blood in semen. Should I go to doctor?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi, i belive this question goes to a Urologist of sort.

Basically for a long time over a year ive been having pain that is like its coming from my anus. It happens when i masterbate or have sex and when i ejaculate and pump semen out each PUMP seems to be sharp and very uncomfortable with pain and can give me sleepless nights ect after. It also makes me want to go toilet like theres pressure in my anus or bladder ect, I have no blood in my semen or anything like that.
I no i should go to a doctor but it worries me id just like to no what im in for.
Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later

Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you have painful ejaculation with pain in the perineum and penis during and after ejaculation.

This is most likely to be due to Prostatitis an infection in the prostate gland.

Please get following preliminary investigations done.
1) Routine Urine Test and examination of Post ejaculation Urine sample.
2) Microscopic examination of Urethral Discharge.
3) Semen analysis to confirm the infection.
4) Ultrasound scanning of the Abdomen to see status of prostate and to confirm the prostatitis.

In majority of the patients it is due to Prostatitis and can be cured with medications.

Take some antibiotics like combination of Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazolealong with some anti inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac twice daily for 3 weeks.

Get prescription of these drugs from your family Physician.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions. I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.

Follow-up: Pain in anus when masturbating or ejaculating. Pressure in anus, no blood in semen. Should I go to doctor? 24 hours later
Hi thanks... even though i have left this a vvery log time does it still mean it can be cured if it is infact what you think? it does not affect my ability to have an erection or any part of sex just the pain i described after... i am now worried it could make me infertile or lead to anything worse? is this possible? thankyou.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 38 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for follow up.

Prostatitis does not affect Erection or sex drive. If left untreated, it will affect the quality of sperms and thereby may lead to infertility.

So, get a semen analysis done to confirm the infection. Start taking medications that I have suggested earlier.

It will get cured after a long term course of antibiotics.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil