Pain in ankle and wrist when running. What is the cause and cure?

Jun 2015

My 13 year old daughter is just now telling me she has been having pain in her right ankle when she run, she says the pain travels up her leg. When this happens she also starts getting pain in her right wrist and it travels up her arm. Whether she runs or not the pain in the arm comes and goes.
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 45 minutes later

Presence of pain in ankle & wrist can be attributed to:
1. Injury/trauma to the joint or ligaments.
2. Anemia
3. Deficiency of certain nutrients like Vitamin D, formation & nerve conduction.
4. Hormonal changes in the body

Management involves:
1. Adequate rest to the part.
2. Intake of healthy & balanced diet.
3. Symptomatic relief can be obtained by application of analgesic gel & muscle relaxants.
4. Multivitamin & multi-mineral supplements can also be taken under the guidance of a Doctor.

If symptoms still persist then it will be better to consult her Doctor & get a proper physical examination done.
So that appropriate management steps could be taken.
Investigations like complete blood picture, hemoglobin estimation & X XXXXXXX of the involved joint will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.

Wishing your daughter a good health.
Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.