Pain in ankle and back. Temporary relief from neurobean. Blood test showed low B12 level. Relief?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I am suffering from pain in my ankels from last 2 years. In my early age once in 8-10 month, my back gives me a huge pain and at that time i used to take neurobean forte. 1 weak back when i feel the same pain in my back, i take the same tablet again (OD).
with 4 day neurobean forte i feel some thing better in my ankels. I have also gone through blood test in which my b12 is low. after getting relax in my ankel i seach on internet than i found that neurobean is for B12.
i want to know that, is their any possibilty that b12 may be cause of my ankel pain.
if yes what should i take for B12 other than injection
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and Welcome to XXXXXXX

Vit B12 deficiency deficiency may cause pain in your back and ankle.

Vitamin B12 can be found in large quantities in animal products, including meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, and dairy products.If you are not strict vegetarian take these diet.

Other than injection , you can take oral vit B12 supplements after consulting your doctor.

Hope this helps you.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Orthopaedic Surgeon.