Pain in abdomen, frequent stools. Endoscopy done. Is anything serious? Can you suggest changes in diet?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
hi am XXXXXXX am suffering from little pain in adbomen and frequent stools from last week. i consult a Gastroenterologist and went for endoscopic. results are mentioned below.

Oesophagus: lax XXXXXXX

stomach: Erosions seen in antrum

duodenum: normal

Biopsy: from antrum for H-pylori, RUT - Negative D2

is there any serious in my report. can u pls sugeest me the food chnages in my diet. doctor perscribe antacid tablets for 20days.

frequent stools will control with this tablets?
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
The endoscopy report does not reveal any significant problem. The cause of the loose motions could be a weak intestinal flora. Too long a antacid therapy could lead to alteration of bacterial flora. I would suggest the following
1. Sucralfate susp 1 tablespoon three times a day after meals.
2. pantoprezole 40 mgms at bedtime.
The duration of this therapy should be only 21 days.
For frequent stools I would suggest
Econorm sachets( 1 XXXXXXX in the morning and one in the evening on an empty stomach taking care that you do not take anything half an hour before and after the sachet)
Reduce the intake of fast foods as much as possible.
I am sure this therapy will help.
Follow-up: Pain in abdomen, frequent stools. Endoscopy done. Is anything serious? Can you suggest changes in diet? 20 hours later
Thanking you for replay.

along with endoscopy my doctor recomanded histopathology test also. they took the sample. waiting for reports. hope it takes 2 -3 days.

is it general check or abnormal? can you please replay ASAP.

can i get Sucralfate susp and Econorm sachets in india?
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 4 hours later
Biopsy in patients with long term symptoms is a routine. the commonest offending agent is H pylori which is either picked up by carbon breath test or by culture and histology of biopsy material.
The treatment of H pylori is medications only.
Yes sucralfate and econorm are freely available in India.