Pain in abdomen. On aciloc for ulcer. What could be this?

having a pain for in abdomen for last 2 weeks. This resembles Ulcer pain I faced in 1989. Presently no medicine for ulcer except Aciloc 10 for last 6 days. Stool is clear. No constipation. Tendency of Acidity is there.
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Try proton pump inhibitor... Detailed Answer: Hi, If the pain is in the upper abdomen and the pain is related to food intake, this pain may be related to hyperacidity. In such cases, I suggest my patients to try proton pump inhibitor like pantoprazole 20mg twice daily along with prokinetic like domperidone twice daily before food for couple of weeks. I also recommend a gastrenterologist consultation for physicial examination. An endoscopy needs to be done if required. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards