Ask a Urologist   »  

Pain during urination. Bladder infection or something else?

Jul 2016

Dear doctor,
I have a problem with my bladder. I go to the toilet often and i have a pain. Here are my urin results. Is this just a bladder infection or something else? Thank you
Posted Mon, 1 Apr 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later

Based on the facts and report of your routine Urine Examination that you have posted, it appears that you have acquired Cystitis).

1) Please get your urine culture done to trace out the organisms causing this infection and the antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound Scanning to rule out possibility of Urinary Stones.

Consult a qualified Urologist with reports for further treatment. You may need a course of antibiotic.

In the meantime, ensure to consume more water to keep your urine dilute.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Follow-up: Pain during urination. Bladder infection or something else? 33 hours later
Dear doctor,
Here are the results of urine culture. Can you please tell me is it nessesary to take antibiotics and whitch one? I am allergic to penicilin.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 8 minutes later

Thanks for writing again.
Your culture report shows organisms sensitive to Nitrofurantoin.

You can have that medicine after consulting your family physician. It is cheapest antibiotic available today.Your problem will get resolved in 2 weeks. The dosage of the medicine has to be decided only after a physical examination.

Thanks and Regards.