Pain during slight exertion or lifting weights, feels like nerve is being squeezed

My wife XXXXXXX is facing the following problem, please suggest who to be consulted for further investigation and resolution.
Experiencing nagging pain when it gets stressed even a bit like cutting vegetables, lift any weight. It feels like the nerve is getting squeezed.
Sorry to miss earlier, the mentioned symptom is on lower half of her right hand.

The recent diagnosis report indicates her ESR count is abnormal @ 30.
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Arnab Maji 1 hour later

Based on your description, you should consult an orthopedician. He/she will be able to examine and perform a few tests like blood test and X-rays to determine the cause.

Based on your description, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CPT) needs to be considered as a possibility especially in the background of hypothyroidism.

So I advise first to go for a X-ray of right hand both AP and oblique view including lower portion of forearm. After the x-ray is getting available you should consult an orthopedic surgeon for local examination and his opinion.

ESR 30 though by report may look abnormal but in clinical practice a value under is very rarely significant and does not entail further evaluation. So do not worry.

Hope I answered your queries. If you have further queries you may write back to me freely. I am always here to help you. Kindly write a review on this answer.

Wishing your wife quick recovery. God bless you both.

Dr Arnab Maji