Pain during intercourse, burning afterwards with light bleeding. What are the outgrowths from my vagina?

Question
I have pain during intercourse, and slight burning afterwards for about 10 minutes - with occasional light bleeding.

I have been with the same partner for 3 years, and have gotten tested to STDs prior - tested negative.

I have notices that there are slight outgrowths right at my vaginal opening - what can this be?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 hours later
You need to under a pelvic examination.You also need to get a pap smear done and if necessary a biopsy. The growths could be just vaginal mucosal tag or it may require a biopsy to look for any malignancy.
You should see a doctor immediately so that a proper examination can be done.

Regrads,

Follow-up: Pain during intercourse, burning afterwards with light bleeding. What are the outgrowths from my vagina? 15 minutes later
I regularly get PAP smears and each time they have come back perfect. I have gotten a PAP exam just a few months ago and my doctor informed me that everything is normal. I will set up another appointment to have one re-done just in case.

Since I am on birth control, is it possible that the pills have caused severe vaginal dryness and as a result has caused an inflammation?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 hours later
Oc pills normally dont cause vaginal dryness.That occurs either due to infection or due to lack of estrogen hormone. Neither of which should be the cause here. You can use some lubrication during intercourse for the time being.Also get a complete vaginal examination.These vaginal tags need to be investigated further. Inflammation can be caused due to infection also.Hence its necessary to identify any such inflammation/infection and treat it.