Pain during intercourse. No yeast infection or STD. Had genital warts. How to reduce the pain?

Please help me, I've been in and out of the walk in clinic trying to figure out whats wrong with me, and I can't get in to the OBGYN office for 2 months! I started having pain during intercourse a few months ago, I immediatly went in to make sure it wasn't an STD, all the test results came back negative. I kept racking my brain thinking of what it could be i tried the yeast infection treatment even though i didnt have any symptoms of a yeast infection, because that was one of the few things listed that causes pain during intercourse. and it also didnt work. I've now realized after months of trying ot figure out what was wrong with me i beleive it is my HPV. I was diagnosed with genital warts a yr ago... i didn't have any flare up when the pain started occuring, but now they are huge and it is soo painful I cant even touch the area. I've been looking online to find some sort of way to help until i can get into the doctor. They say tea tree oil, aloe vera, XXXXXXX cider vinegar but are these safe to use for XXXXXXX warts? and is there anything that will help the pain, i've tried ibuprofen, tylenol everything. Me and my boyfriend can't even have sex, I can't even use a tampon. I can't take it anymore.
Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 4 hours later

It does not sound like genital warts which are caused by HPV and are generally painless. It can be infected glands or cysts and bartholin cyst is one possibility that should be ruled out. The other possibility is of herpes sores which are painful.

There are glands in the vaginal lips called Bartholin’s glands. These can become painful and swollen, and an abscess can form. This often causes blockage in the main duct from the gland, and a cyst develops. This is felt as a hard swelling.In such cases, antibiotics may be helpful, or surgical treatment might be required.

Laboratory tests for herpes include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA. So to completely rule out any herpes (although not very evident from these symptoms), you should get these tests done.

Till then apply warm compresses and topical antibiotics like Neosporin. Also consult your doctor as you may need a course of oral antibiotics and incision and drainage if the lumps are due to infected cysts.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.