Pain due to fissures. Taking oxerute CD. Permanent cure?

General Surgeon
i am 51 and i have a problem of fissures for the last 5 months. I am on medication - Thankgod and Oxerute CD. My height 6Ft 3 Inches and weight is 95 Kgs. The pain is becoming unbearable. I travel a lot and when travel is more, the pain gets aggravated. Can you suggest a remedy to stop the pain. Is surgery only solution. How to come out of this problem. Can you kindly help.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

You have not mentioned the site of Fissures as fissures can occur in many site

Most common site is fissures in ano ,which very commonly seen .

Best conservative treatment is to avoid constipation by taking laxatives and avoiding constipating substances in diets

Application of pain reliving cream like Xylocain before defecation

Sit`z bath daily in warm water mixed with potassium per-magnate after every defecation.

Post sit`z bath application of soothing antiseptic cream regularly .

5-7 days treatment gives relief to majority of patients .

If no relief with conservative management ,surgical intervention can be required for long term benefit.

Analgesic can be taken to overcome severe pain

Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries.