Pain down right side from neck to waist and all down right arm, hurts to breathe. Reasons ?

Could you please tell me why i am getting pain down my right side from my neck to my waist and all down right arm. it also hurts to breath like my lungs cannot expand. I do not smoke or drink
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

The pain can be due to several reasons like muscular pain , pain due to cervical spondylitis , referred pain of gall bladder due to gal stones or cholecystitis, pleurisy or any infection in the lungs , renal pain etc.

We have to investigate the pain by doing following investigations :

Complete blood count , ESR, X XXXXXXX chest and cervical spine ,ultrasound whole abdomen under doctor's guidance

Most common cause is myalgia or muscular pain so you can do hot fomentation and apply analgesic ointment or gel locally.

Take tablet Paracetamol.

As you are 57 yrs , you should take calcium and Vit D supplements.

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome.