Pain between leg muscles, muscle pull. Advise and treatment?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have pain in my in-between leg muscle(right side) since a week. It generally pains when I walk or when I climb up/down the stairs. It isnt a continous pain but keeps occuring. I think this might be some muscle pull. I do work out every day(cardio + Weights). I seek your advise in understanding the cause, any medication that will help me. Do I need to visit a doctor. If yes pls advise kind of doctor.
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 32 minutes later

Thank you for writing in XXXXXXX

From your description it seems to be a traction injury of the antigravity musculature of the affected limb due to physical exercise. Yes, you need to consult a specialist if preliminary treatment does not work.

You need to rest the muscle - that is avoiding gym; exercises which will aggravate the problem. Mild pain killers such as over the counter ibuprofen with or without muscle relaxants and topical liniments will give you relief. If this treatment does not give you relief then you need to consult an orthopaedic surgeon.

I hope my advice answers your doubt. Let me know if you have any other queries.

With regards