Pain and yellow pus from scar on stomach. History of blockage removal surgery

I am a 24 year old male. When I was an infant (2 months) I had a surgery to remove a blockage in my stomach. Now recently I have been having sharp pain, and some yellowish pus coming from right above, and sometimes right below the scar line. I have not had any trauma to the area, or strain that might have caused a tear. The bumps where the pus is draining look a lot like a pimple. The are red, round bumps. Right now I have two, one above, that seems to pop, and one right below my scar. They are not warm to the touch.
Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
What you have is a condition where there is infection and inflammation of the skin around the scar tissue. The cause can be due to a blocked gland, a retained foreign body like collection of fabric fibre, trauma induced infection due to scratching, allergy, improper hygiene as well.

Keep the area clean and dry. You may use cool pack over the site to reduce symptoms of inflammation. Apply antibiotic ointment like Neosporin or Fucidin thinly at the site for 3-4 days. Avoid using soap or any irritant substance at or near the scar. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink enough water. Eat food XXXXXXX in protein like cereals, pulses, chicken, lean meat for aiding in recovery from infection and boosting immune system.

It is best to consult a Doctor to look for predisposing conditions for this problem and also to look for any underlying causes from abdomen which can lead to infection as well.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.