Pain and weird feeling on chest after drinking any liquid. Found nodules with enlarged blood vessels

for a few days now, when i drink any liquid, i get a weird feeling on right side of chest, like a dull pain. kind of like theres a hole and the liquid is going through, if that makes sense. also just received results from ultrasound of thyroid; showed nodules with enlarged blood vessels all lab work including TSH level normal.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 20 minutes later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
There is no such condition like hole in esophagus. It is just your feeling. Patient having esophageal perforation land up with mediastinitis and immediate ICU admission. So you are absolutely fine in this manner.
I will advise please consult board certified surgeon for clinical examination and one investigation Barium swallow. It is the investigation if choice for any esophageal dismotility problems. It is simple and non expensive. It will diagnose any pathology in esophagus.
USG finding if thyroid are incidental only. No need to worry about that.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.