Pain and weakness in arms. No injury. Strained rotator cuff in the past. Reasons?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have pain and weakness in both arms from elbow to shoulder
No injury. I did strain right rotator cuff a year ago. Good health
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 hours later
Your symptoms are likely to be due to frozen shoulders or cervical spondylosis. A clinical examination and investigations are needed to confirm the diagnosis.
An Orthopedician is the best person to be consulted.

Here are some general treatment measures which you can follow:

1) Provide complete rest and avoid overhead activities.
2) Apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killer after consulting your doctor.

If the symptoms are severe then after confirming the diagnosis by MRI, you may need steroid injections and muscle relaxants for relief.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.