Pain and tightness in testicles. Recurrent prostrate infections. Biopsy showed inflammation. Will it become cancer?

Im curious ive had prostate problems off and on for over three years after and initial infection. Had a psa of 3.9 last year and biopsy which showed a bubble and inflammation but no cancer. Symptoms went away after biopsy and antibbiotic use but came back I also realized ive been having tightness and pain in my quads for the last 2 years as well as back problems. Im worried that this might be metastasised prostate cancer and what would a bubble in my prostate be??? Im very scared ass im only 40!
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 12 hours later

I understand your health concern.

Don't worry at all.

Prostate cancer is very rare at your age unless there is a family history.

Your symptoms suggest that you may be suffering from Prostatitis which takes a longer time to resolve.

You said the biopsy showed bubble and inflammation but no cancer, that is good to hear. To me, a bubble on the biopsy report does not seem to be a major concern, it most probably may have been an air bubble seen which is so insignificant in the diagnosis. Hence, do not worry about the bubble on biopsy.

You can have various symptoms like fever, general pain and, more specifically, pain in the lower back, thighs and genital region, the testicles, penis, and the area between the scrotum and anus.

You may go in for a repeat PSA ( Prostatic Specific Anthigen ) testing along with a repeat biopsy after 6 months or so. Metastatic prostatic Cancer by itself is a very rare possibility in your case.

Your PSA level is normal.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer any further queries.