Pain and throbbing in the eye, reddish eye ball, blurred vision, using reading glasses

My left eye aches and throbs, then gets better, then worse, for over a day now. Just today my eyeball was bloodshot, but is clearing up a little. The eyeball is sensitive to pressure and sunlight, and hurts more when I roll my eye downward. My eyelids are not affected, nothing itches or tears up. It comes and goes. I don't feel anything irritating in the eye, but my close vision has been a tiny bit blurrier than usual (I use reading glasses, dipter 3.0). Nu?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 26 hours later
Dear Madam,

The chances are that there is a inflammation in the surrounding structures of the eye.

In such situations there is some redness and pain on movement and pressure and touch.

Most blurring of near vision may also be associated with watering,which blurs the vision.

The management in such situations is like tylenol and anti inflammatory eye drops.

Photophobia also shows there is a inflammatory response.

You can have anti inflammatory drugs and get back to us about the response you are getting.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.