Pain and swelling in the testicle. Had Surgeries for varicocele and inguinal hernia done. What is the action of Ubicar tablets?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had following surgeries on 24-Feb-2012.

Left side varicocele.
Right side inguinal Hernia.

I had pain in right testicle when I have more strain ,also observed slight swelling on right testicle .

After 2 months I went for checkup .As doctor suggested me to XXXXXXX after two months.
Today doctor wrote " UBICAR " tablets ,two each day for 15 days .
what are the use of them ?

Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Ubicar tablets are nothing but a food supplement. I do not feel they are relevant to your problem.
The pain in the right testicle may have many causes. A good clinical evaluation is must. If there is no swelling and the testis is normal then you do not have to worry.
I would suggest multi vitamins particularly a good vitamin B complex preparation. You can take tablet Becosule 1 tablet once daily for 2-4 weeks. Good scrotal support and cleaning the scrotum and groin twice a day with cold water will be helpful.
With Regards