Pain and sensitivity in the legs, severe fatigue, Deep vein thrombosis?

i am 35 year old, othewise healthy, female with severe muscle pain that is very reoccuring in my calves for now over 3 years at times it is worse than others and even sensitive to just a touch. I also get severe pain and a hard sensitive spot in the middle underside of both feet. During the onset i may get red blotches on my face and always extreme fatigue.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 11 hours later

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Are you Diabetic or Hypertensive?
2.) Do you have tenderness in both the calves?
3.) Do you have swelling in your ankles along with feet?
4.) Do you have any change in the skin color?

Your History Suggests you have Either Cellulitis or XXXXXXX Vein Thrombosis (DVT), but either of them have to be ruled out.

Kindly get yourself examined by a General Surgeon, who shall examine you and rule out the exact cause for your Symptoms. If deemed necessary, your Surgeon may also refer you to a Physician and a Orthopedist for a Second Opinion. The treatment will depend upon the cause.

Kindly don't worry as both are treatable conditions. Your Doctor may order few test like,

1.) Urinalysis
2.) Blood Routine
3.) Doppler Scan (If necessary)
to arrive at a Proper diagnosis.

Now coming to red blotches, it could be a allergic reaction to a beauty cream which you might be using currently, try using your facial creams on other parts of your Body to see if you could reproduce the same blotches there. If yes, that cream could be the culprit and you may need to stop using it. If no, there could be various other causes to it.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that he/she may examine you and prescribe topical steroids and antihistamines.

Use a sunscreen lotion with a SPF of 15 while you go out in the sun and avoid sun exposure between 10am and 4pm. The fatigue might be due to stress, inadequate sleep, low hemoglobin or fibromyalgia. Your treating Physician would be able to explain it to you after looking at your Blood Work.

Bring in some lifestyle changes:
1.) Drink plenty of water and avoid stress.
2.) Practice relaxation techniques like yoga and Meditation
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
4.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism
5.) Sleep for a minimum of 8 hours daily
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope i have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.
Follow-up: Pain and sensitivity in the legs, severe fatigue, Deep vein thrombosis? 2 days later
Yes both calves
I am not a diabetic
No skin color change
My mother's brother does have DVT

I have had no change in anything I put on my face and the rash comes at onset of the pain in legs. I do not go in the sun.

Keep in mind this has been going on close to 3 years now
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 23 hours later

Thank you for Writing Back.

Your follow Up answer is highly appreciated.

Since your Family has a History of XXXXXXX Vein Thrombosis, kindly get yourself examined by a General Surgeon to rule it out in your case. Also get a second opinion from a Orthopedist to rule out other causes for Calf Pain like,

1.) Achilles Tendonitis or Rupture
2.) Baker's Cyst
3.) Muscle Cramps

Kindly do not delay, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up. Follow the lifestyle changes which I have suggested to you earlier.

I hope this Information will be much more helpful to you.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.