Pain and pressure on rib cage. All medical test normal. Getting pain from neck to spine. Any relief?

Hello I have had a pain and pressure right on my left rib cage. I have this 6 yrs, been top and tailed ,camera in stomach, colonoscopy, ultrsound of abdomen, all clear. This pain radiates to my back down my left side, round to my belly button sometimes it presents itself as a dull ache to where my kidneys are. This very uncomfortable, can be sore at times. My rib bones make a crunching noise when I put pressure on them and the right side is fine!! I have been in 2 vehicle crashes in the past and I suffer pain from my neck , down my spine to my lower back anyway. Please help !!!
Posted Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
I understand your concern and after going through your symptoms i feel that you may be suffering from fibromyalgia,most likely to have been triggered by the physical trauma caused from vehicular crashes.
Your all other normal tests also point towards the diagnosis of fibromyalgia.
Pain is the main symptom and may be mild or severe.

People with fibromyalgia tend to wake up with body aches and stiffness. For some patients, pain improves during the day and gets worse at night. Some patients have pain all day long.
Fibromyalgia is a common syndrome in which a person has long-term, body-wide pain and tenderness in the joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues.
Pain may get worse with activity, cold or damp weather, anxiety, and stress.

The goal of treatment is to help relieve pain and other symptoms.

The first type of treatment may involve:
Physical therapy
Exercise and fitness program

If these treatments do not work, your doctor may prescribe an antidepressant or muscle relaxant. The goal of medication is to improve sleep and pain tolerance. Medicine should be used along with exercises

Discuss with your doctor about this.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck