Pain and lump near breast before periods, pain in groin. Why is this happening?

Generally in the week before my period I can feel a pain and small lump next to my right breast (nearly under my right armpit) adn lately have felt this same pain (but no lump) in the right of my groin in the crease of my groin with my leg. Was just wondering why this was happening?
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

As you are saying the lump in your right axilla comes a week before your periods , it could be a fibro-cystic disease.

Its a noncancerous breast lumps, occurs premenstrually and is related to hormonal influences from the menstrual cycle. Symptoms tend to peak immediately before each period and decrease afterwards.

No definite treatment is available, buy periodic observation is required .

I advice you to consult your doctor and get your breast examined, then discuss with your doctor regarding mammography and biopsy of the lump to rule out any malignancy.

Your other symptom of pain in the groin could be nonspecific, you can take some analgesics which are available over the counter to relive pain.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer