Pain and irritation on penis and testicles, red bumps, cortizone and benadryle

Irritation on penis/testicles :

I have an irritation causing a slight pain at the base of my penis extending to my right testicle. The pain is like a skin abrasion i.e. not an itch. Cortizone and Benadryle applied twice a day provide relief. The pain has lasted 6 months or so. It is just in this area and does not spread. In this area there seem to be red bumps along the tiny blood vessels you can see. But these same indications appear on the other side of my penis and other testicle.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 3 hours later
Groin area can be infected commonly by a fungal disease and at times, mild irritation can aggravate a normal dryness due to sensitive nature of that area.
In case the condition subsides on applying cortizone and is not increasing in size and shape, you can continue applying the same.
Try applying some plain moisturisers along with cortizone and the condition should subside.
After a couple of days, you can shift to moisturisers alone. In case the condition re-appears, then you should get yourself evaluated for a fungal infection and an oral course of anti-fungals should be taken under a dermatologist's guidance.

I hope I have answered all your queries. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

Dr,Rohit Batra