Pain and cracking sound in the chest, burping, acid reflux. Taking pentop and digestive enzyme. Suggestions?

Hi Sir,
I think i am suffering from acid reflux as i have a slight pin prick-pain in the middle of my chest only when i contract and when i expand my chest i hear a cracing noise and i can happen all day. I feel like burping all the time and get the flavoures burps of whatever i eat. i can hear a humming noise in my left ear someimes. i fell somethink stuck XXXXXXX in my throat sometimes and when i burp i feel better but it is for a few seconds. i don't have any pain swollowing. i had a really bad eating schedule during the month of november. in november i use to hear sounds all over my stomach but since i have started going to XXXXXXX the noises have stopped. actually i stopped jimming for 5 moths in between and gained 12 kgs presently 75kg as i reduced 28 kg's earlier from 90kgs to 62 kgs. I went to a doctor she say my throat and said everything is fine she gave me pentop, anti-oxidant and a digestive enzyme syrus to take. Today i can hear a cracking sound when i intake saliva. plz help
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Crackling sound that you are overtly concerned about in your list of issues now, would not mean anything grave especially after a doctor has examined you in person. Your medications are correct and would serve best to alleviate your concerns with some time on.

I would suggest you to be patient and wait till the course of Pantoprazole is over. Mostly doctors prescribe it for few weeks depending upon the case. It is a good potent drug that inhibits the acid secretion in the stomach and provides relief in the case GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) is diagnosed.

If even after the treatment course, which I believe is very remote, you experience similar issues then it is logical that you follow up with the same doctor and ask for further investigations as needed like ultrasound abdomen, upper GI endoscopy etc.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla, MBBS, MD
Consultant Physician.
Follow-up: Pain and cracking sound in the chest, burping, acid reflux. Taking pentop and digestive enzyme. Suggestions? 9 minutes later
but what about the humming noise in my left ear and i hope these symptoms are not serious.
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 30 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up query.

Humming noise in your left ear most commonly is caused due to increased blood circulation in the middle ear.

The connection between the throat and ear which is by a eustachian tube maintains pressure gradient normally to prevent sounds.

But, as your upper gastrointestinal physiology is changed now, many speculations can be thought.

Only an examination will tell the exact cause.

I hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.