Pain and burning sensation on index finger, black dots under the nail, itchy rashes on the thigh. Medication?

Poor

Question
I have pain and burning sensation under my left index finger. This started few months back and had gone away... recently it has started again , I have noticed small black dots (around six small dots) under the nail in the past week near the tip of the nail. Few days back I have rashes near my inner thigh they are pink in color and itchy.
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Abid 24 minutes later

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your problem.

I would like to know few things to understand your problem better. Please provide the following information:

Do you have symptoms of palpitations, shortness of breath, etc?
Have you had herpes infection in past?

I will be able to answer your query better after getting the aforementioned details.

Awaiting your response

Follow-up: Pain and burning sensation on index finger, black dots under the nail, itchy rashes on the thigh. Medication? 2 hours later
No

Have you had herpes infection in past?
Yes, on the lips.

Answered by Dr. Abid 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the information. I have seen the pictures uploaded again as well.

You mentioned of past history of Herpes and recent rash in legs along with numbness, burning sensation in index finger.

It can be the manifestation of reactivation of herpes, at this point you should seek the advice of a Dermatologist who will perform local examination of finger, rash and will advise you appropriately. A topical anti- viral ointment may be required. Hence please consult the Dermatologist and proceed further.

If you found my response helpful please leave positive feedback for me.

Thanks and wish you good health.