Pain and burning sensation in left abdomen. What could this be?

I have had discomfort in my left abdomen for some time now it starts under my rip cage and spreads to my pelvis. It is not really painful more uncomfortable and heavy and slight burning sensation sometimes. I also have a brown coating on tongue each morning, I don't smoke but always wake up with dry mouth and coating.
Posted Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please follow the suggestions below...

Detailed Answer:

The discomfort you are referring too might be related to any colon (large intestines) problem (left side). - I'd suggest to do an abdominal ultrasound together with analysis of feces for ova/parasites, candida infection.

With regards to brown coating on the tongue each morning, as you are not a smoker, it goes more likely as an infection of the throat/mouth. - I'd suggest to do analysis of tongue swab (culture) to determine the infection and the appropriate treatment and measure your blood sugar levels.

Until the results are in, you should

- drink more water

- avoid constipation through following a diet XXXXXXX in fiber

- keep good hygiene of mouth/throat

- avoid too hot or too cold drinks or foods

- take probiotics orally

Hope it answered to your inquiry!

p.s. if you have more concern, can write back to me!