Pain and burning sensation in chest. Had swallowed tri-tip. Advise

Feb 2013

I swallowed a piece of tri tip that hurt my chest when going down after swallowing. Now for two days every time I swallow my chest hurts and burns.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 14 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The tri-tip you swallowed might be caused a small tear the mucosal (inner lining) layer in the food pipe while it was passing after swallowing.

And the mucosal tear is causing hurting and burning pain in the chest due to irritation by food while it passing and coming to contact with the tear.

Healing of the mucosal layer of food pipe may take 3 to 5 days and relief occurs within this duration.

Till that time take soft bland diet.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.