Pain and burning sensation in abdomen. Started losing weight. What should be done?

sir i am feeling pain and buning sensation in stomach and in abdoman .i am not able to take spicy foods and i am losing weight day by day.and i feel bad smell and early in the morning it is very difficult for me to take intelligence level has also kindly have a look at it,as i am worrying about it .
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 5 hours later

Thanks for contacting XXXXXXX

First of all do not worry. It seems that you are either suffering from gastro-esopahageal reflux disease or duodenal / gastric ulcer. Poor intake of food must be the reason why you are losing weight.

Having said that, however, I must advise you to contact a local physician or a gastroenterologist who can investigate other causes of weight loss. You will need few blood tests, X XXXXXXX chest, ultrasound examination, upper endoscopy and probably a CT scan of the abdomen too as part of your evaluation.

As for symptomatic relief for the time being you can take Tab Pantaprazole 40 mg twice a day before meals.

You can write back to me if you need further clarifications or if you have any other questions.

With kind regards,

Dr Dinesh Singal