Pain and bloody discharge from nipples while feeding. Prescribed with mecgla tablets. Will this give permanent cure?

Question
I had severe pain in my nipples and blood oozed out everytime i feed both my kids(few years ago),which wasnot the case before my delivery when they were stimulated.Now i get pain everytime when they are stimulated.When i seeked the gyn for a remedy ,i was asked to take Mecgla tablets..My question is will it give me permanent remedy to my this unhappy conditons?
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do an ultrasound Detailed Answer: Hello, Any kind of discharge from the nipples should be analyzed. Bloody discharge from the nipples is a serious matter. Since you had it just once several years ago while breast feeding it’s possible that trauma might have been a cause for that. However, in my opinion any breast pathology should be ruled out first. Do an ultrasound of the breast. Only if it's normal can the pain be termed as cyclical. Most of the time pain in breast or nipples occurs during certain times of the cycle. That’s normal. If it occurs all the time along with discharge, then some tests are compulsory. You can see a surgeon if the ultrasound report is negative. Meanwhile, along with the caps you are taking try primrose oil capsules. Keep the nipples moist. Use a tight brasserie all the time pain. Too much fatty breasts can also cause pain. Let me know if you have more queries. Get well soon.

Follow-up: Pain and bloody discharge from nipples while feeding. Prescribed with mecgla tablets. Will this give permanent cure? 34 minutes later
Thanks for ur answer,i dint say i get pain all the time..it was only when the kids suck my nipples during feeding...now when they are stimulated(during sex),i get pain ,no any kind of discharge..Expecting ur reply

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: probably hormonal Detailed Answer: In that case this pain is probably hormonal or traumatic . Dry nipples cause cracks and are painful. Apply nipcare cream if the nipples get dry. Do the ultrasound also. Apply hot dry fomentation thrice a day. Keep taking the vitamin caps and start the cap I have mentioned before . Regards

Follow-up: Pain and bloody discharge from nipples while feeding. Prescribed with mecgla tablets. Will this give permanent cure? 6 hours later
I take Mecgla tablets now as per my Doctor's prescription.Now you ask me to take Primrose oil capsules( Evening Primrose oil capsules and Primrose oil capsules are same??).Can you please mention the dosage of the capsule per day?Can you please tell me the best brand that i could buy Primrose oil capsules? Also,will there be any side effects by the intake of these capsules along with the tablets that iam taking now?Please let me know

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer: no side effects Detailed Answer: There should be no problem taking both capsules together. You can get primrose oil capsules at any chemist or online since it's a supplement. It's often available as evening primrose oil as the brand name. Usually each cap contains 1300mg and one cap daily is the dose. Along with that vitamin E caps will help. Which is in the medicine that you are already taking-mecgcla?

Follow-up: Pain and bloody discharge from nipples while feeding. Prescribed with mecgla tablets. Will this give permanent cure? 32 minutes later
Yeah.Mecgla

Brief Answer: Shouldnt be a problem Detailed Answer: Mecgla and primrose oil caps can be taken. There shouldnt be any problems. Along with that, wear tight support, apply hot fomentation, and treat cracked nipples with ointment.