Pain and blood while urinating, has potent smell, soreness in breast area. UTI?

I have had pain while urinating and a little blood in my urine. My urine has also had an very potent smell. I recently started getting sore in my chest/breast area. Is this all from a UTI?
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 18 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Your complaints are suggestive of a urinary tract infection. It is possible that the fever or malaise that is generally associated with any infection is leading to the soreness in the chest region. Other disorders that could lead to similar symptoms include urethritis and pyelonephritis.

As of now, you would need the following investigations so that an appropriate diagnosis is reached and targeted therapy can be started:
•     Routine urine examination
•     Urine culture and microscopy
•     Ultrasonography of the Kidney-Ureter-Bladder region.

Treatment of this condition involves antibiotics like fluoroquinolones, urine alkalinizers , plenty of fluids and symptomatic treatment of fever. Since antibiotics are prescription drugs, I would recommend that you consult your treating physician as soon as possible.

Till then:

1) Drink lots of water.
2) Have cranberry juice as it helps in combating Urinary Infection.
3) Have a healthy balanced diet.

Hope this answers your query. I will be available for follow up query if any.