Pain and bleeding after fistulotomy. Is there something I should be doing?

General Surgeon
I had a fistulotomy around Sept.1 . It healed over the course of several weeks, then stopped healing. I still have a little pain and occasional bleeding. My CR surgeon cleaned it out with peroxide and removed some crystalline deposits about three weeks ago, but I still have a little drainage, and today started bleeding again. Is there something I should be doing? I have been treating with peroxide every other day, but feel like I am at a standstill.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 4 hours later

It can be reasonably expected that the wound should have healed. Sometimes the fistulas have tortuous and multiple tracts and may need a second surgery. Surgery in stages is sometimes done.
I would suggest that you consult your treating surgeon who can perform an evaluation and prescribe appropriate treatment. Certain investigations like a radiographic examination with radio-opaque dyes may also be warranted.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if there are no further queries.

Get well soon.