Pain along eyebrow, hurts when pressed. Can you suggest anything other than pain relief medication?

I keep getting terrible pain along eyebrow area. It feels like a really bad bruise,worse when I press it. Can you suggest anything that would help other than pain relief medication.

Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The pain and tenderness in the eyebrow area can be due to-
1. Frontal sinusitis- You may need antibiotics, anti allergics, decongestants and regular steam inhalation. You can get the necessary medicines prescribed from your ENT specialist after examination.
2. Eye strain- mostly associated with vision disorders.
3. Migraine headache- Avoiding triggers of pain will be helpful.
4. Anxiety and stress.
You need to consult your physician for a detailed examination and investigations to detect the cause so that specific treatment can be started.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.