Pain after thyroidectomy. Will the use of Oxycodone cause oral thrush? Any home remedies?

can taking oxycodone/apap 5/325mg tabs for pain following a total thyroidectomy cause oral thrush? and are there any home remedies for oral thrush, have been rinsing my mouth with hydrogen peroxide
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Taking oxycodone/apap after a surgery for pain is not likely to cause oral thrush.
It is more likely to be due to a poor oral hygiene and systemic steroid intake.
Oral thrush is usually a recurrent problem. You can use candid lotion locally in the affected areas.
Avoid smoking, use iodine mouth wash and listerine mouth wash to keep the area clean.
Avoid hot and spicy foods.
In case the problem is persistent then you need to consult your dentist for an evaluation and systemic antifungal agents.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.