Pain across right torso. The area is numb and itchy. What does it indicate?

For the last four days I have had a topical pain across my right torso speading round to my back. this has now been coupled with a sore pain under my right rib. The area from my torso round to my back is now numb and is sometimes itchy.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be Shingles.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Health Care Magic,

I think that you are having early symptoms of Shingles. Shingles is caused by a Virus stays in Nerves or ganglion after Chicken Pox . This can remain inactive for years, but may reactivate, when there is low immunity due to several reasons, like Malnutrition, Old age, Use of steroids any infection which reduces immunity. It causes typical symptoms on one side of any part of body, as you are having. Within next 2-3 days you may see blisters over affected part.

I would advise you to go immediately and see the Doctor, who can prescribe you Anti Viral medication. If these medications are taken at this stage before rash develops, very good effect will come. Sometimes pain can persist even after rash disappears. The chances of this will reduce if you start early medication.

If you have any further query, you are welcome to ask.
Dr H Hamdani