PET scan showed small cell lung cancer, no lymphadenopathy, renal cyst, gallbladder is absent, cystic lesion in the right adnexa

I had a PET scan done due to the fact I have Small Cell Lung Cancer. Part of the PET scan read..........Abdomen/Pelvis: No abnormal hypermetabolic activity. No
lymphadenopathy. Stable left hepatic lobe and right renal cysts.
The gallbladder is absent. Solid abdominal organs are otherwise
normal. The bowel is normal caliber. Residual oral contrast is
noted in the colon. 2.6 cm cystic lesion in the right adnexa is
unchanged. There is no free fluid or lymphadenopathy.......... and I do not know what it means, especially in reference to the oral contrast and the 2.6fm cystic lesion in the right adnexa is unchanged.

Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Lung Cancer
Answered by Dr. Gowri Kulkarni 10 hours later

Thank you for posting in the query.

The 'Residual oral contrast' is the remaining contrast seen in the colon (Part of large intestine). Did you get any CT/MRI scan with oral contrast done?

The 2.6 cm cystic lesion in the right adnexa is probably a cyst in your right ovary/tubes/other adnexal structures like ligaments etc.

Apart from the stable existing cysts in your liver and right kidney everything else seems to be within normal limits.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr Gowri