PCOS, trying to conceive, done acupuncture for infertility, taken hpt. Am I still pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
I have been undergoing acupuncture treatment for the past 10 months for infertility. I normally have a 21 day (or less) cycle. Although it is unpredictable, I have not gone over 21 days since Oct. of 2010. I have PCOS, and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for 8 years. I am now on day 27, and I still have no signs of getting my moon. I've taken 3 hpt over the course of two weeks... one tonight... all negative. Could I still be pregnant? If I have a short cycle do I still need to wait a full month before taking a hpt with reliable results? I am 30, 160lbs, 5-6, and I have had 1 live, healthy birth.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Aniruddha Malpani 2 hours later
Hi ,

How old are you ? Did you need to take treatment to get pregnant the first time ? If so ,what treatment did you need ?

Do a complete workup before starting treatment haphazardly.

You need ALL the following simple medical tests:

Semen analysis for your husband ( to check his sperm count and motility);

Blood tests for you for the following reproductive hormones - FSH ( follicle-stimulating hormone),LH ( luteinising hormone),PRL ( prolactin) , AMH ( antiMullerian hormone) and TSH ( thyroid stimulating hormone) on Day 3 of your cycle, ( to check the quality of your eggs). Do this from a reliable lab such as SRL ( Day 1 = Day the period starts.

HSG ( hysterosalpingogram, X-ray of the uterus and tubes, WWW.WWWW.WW on Day 8 of your cycle ( to confirm your fallopian tubes are open);

The vaginal ultrasound scan on Day 10-11 should check for the following.
a. ovarian volume b. antral follicle count c. uterus morphology d. endometrial thickness and texture

Please send me ALL the detailed test results and medical reports . You can scan them in as a single document or pdf file and email them to me.

With these test results, we can determine what medical problems are causing your secondary infertility.

If there is a problem, then we can treat it !

Taking treatment at a world-class clinic will maximise your chances of success and give you peace of mind you did your best !

We look forward to helping you to have another baby !

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.