PCOS side effects, excessive hair growth, hormonal imbalance. Insurance coverage ?

I am searching for insurance that covers PCOS side effects such as excessive hair growth and unbalance of hormones
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later

Thanks for posting your query here.

You have mentioned that you are looking for the best insurance that will cover the treatment expenses of your medical problem.

You are aware that the symptoms you face are due to hormone changes secondary to ovarian cysts. The treatment here is either conservative or surgical depending on the severity of condition. Both the forms of treatment are covered under general insurance that covers gynecological disorders.

However if you are looking for treating the excessive hair cosmetically, I do not think the insurance covers such cosmetic treatments.

As a medical doctor, I hope I have helped you. I do agree you will be able to get more information from the insurance agents. I recommend that you see one and discuss about this concern with them.

Wish you good health