PCOD patient, ttc, take Vasograin for frequent migraine attack. How can I control it?

Hi.. im frequently suffering from migraine..all most 2-3 a week
Now im taking Vasograin as a medicine whenever i get migrane.sometimes i may have to take 2-3 tablets to get it under a PCOD patient and my periods are irregular.Currently im planning to concieve and i need advice on how to controll my migrain
Posted Sun, 2 Jun 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 32 minutes later
Thanks for the query
I understand your concern
Let me tell you that migraine is not a serious problem at all and you need to take medications along with rest, relaxation, regular food and sleep habit.
Please note that no medications are safe in pregnancy and the chance of having an abnormal child is not very high with these medications also. How ever, I feel that you may try a course of anti-migraine medications like amitriptiline, topiramate etc after discussion with a local neurologist. Vasograine will be more unsafe than these medications.
Let me know if you need additional information
Best wishes