PCOD patient. Hair fall, weight gain, pain in arm and shoulder after delivery. Looking for cure

Question
Hello doctor,

Age:28
height : 5' 3"
weight : 78 kgs

PCOD patient.Have one daughter of age 2 conceived through medicines.
Now heavy hair fall (his truism) and lots of weight again post pregnancy. Also in fingers and arms joints manageable pain is there. Sugar, thyroid and hormonal tests are normal. Vitamin D is little less than normal range.
I am getting tired often and unable to do the same amount of work which i did before pregnancy. I feel more aged :(
What i have to do for bringing back the energy, hair and normal weight?

Thanks , XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

All these chances are physiological and normal after pregnancy.
As symptoms are showing up after 2 years suggests vitamin and calcium deficiency.

I recommend you to take regular vitamin tablets(becosules 1 tab daily at night after food.
Calcium supplements will normalize your deficient Vit D as well.( take shelcal-500mg 1 tab in the morning after food).

Your symptoms will disappear in a months time.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have further doubts.
I will be happy to help.

regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: PCOD patient. Hair fall, weight gain, pain in arm and shoulder after delivery. Looking for cure 1 hour later
Thanks doctor..
I have few more questions..
I have put on lots of weight after pregnancy from 60 kgs to 78 kgs.. i have stopped taking metformim after 3 months of pregnancy..whether i have to continue for weight control or any dieting / exercise is enough? If dieting is ok, please suggest me some diet plan..
lotz of fat is accumulated in the stomach and hip area..

Also the hair loss looks like pattern baldness .. what shall i do to control hair fall?

Thanks for the reply.

Hair loss is due to vitamin deficiency. Vitamin supplementation for 3 months will suffice.

I dont recommend you to do strict dieting. Instead increase your physical activity by aerobics and gym. Dieting may cause vitamin deficiency and aggravate hair loss.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further help.

regards,
Dr Nilofer