PCOD, four IVF cycles. Trying to concieve. Suggessions?

May 2013
Hi, I am patient of unexplianed category as said by one gynocologist and one infertility specialist. I have gone through PCOD and 4 cycles of IVF, failed. Age 30 yrs and no other abnormility has been found yet. I am trying to concieve. Please suggesst what should I do?
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

The possible causes for your IVF failure or implantation failure are,

-in case of PCOD: anovlation is one of the features of PCOD. And ovulation induction drugs to be used generally.
As there is anovulation, doctors will super ovulate in these patients which will lead to poor quality ovum or
Most of the doctors will think of ovulation hyperstimulation syndrome and they induce less number of ovum.
This can be overcome by careful aspiration of ovum from follicles and removing follicular cells around it.

-transferring usual number of embryos as in normal patients will not be sufficient in IVF failure cases.
So more number of embryos to be transferred in these patients as the chance of high-order multiple pregnancy is less in them.

-sometimes patients will have poor ovarian reserve,
This can be overcome by aggressive superovulation or
GIFT- gamete intrafallopian transfer.

-incase of technical difficulties for embryo transfer like cervical stenosis, ZIFT- zygote intrafallopian transfer can be done.

-sometimes chromosomal abnormalities will be there in even good looking embryos which lead to failure of IVF.
This can be overcome by taking embryo biopsy on 3rd day by laser and transferring the embryo on 5th day.

So this time you discuss this possibilities with your doctor and decide accordingly.

Your hormonal levels are normal.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.