PCO detected. Suggested benforce and duphaston. No periods. Urine negative for pregnancy. What to do?

May 2013
Hi,, iam pco detected...and doc suggested me benforce m for 30 days and duphaston 10 mg from 18 day for 10 days...I regurally get periods after stopping duphaston.but this month its been 10 days I stopped duphaston I didnt get my urine test is also negitive..please suggest
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood test for pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Some amount of irregularity in menstrual cycles is common in PCOD.
And sometimes urine pregnancy test kit may not detect early pregnancy.
So you once go for blood test for pregnancy with your doctor's advice.
If the test comes negative, the possibility of pregnancy is very less.
Then you can wait for few more days, possibly by that time you will get periods.
If you do not get periods even after one week, consult gynecologist and go for ultrasound.
Then you may go for combined hormonal pills with your doctor's advice to induce withdrawal bleeding.
Check for thyroid profile once.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: PCO detected. Suggested benforce and duphaston. No periods. Urine negative for pregnancy. What to do? 7 minutes later
My thyroid profile is normal..i got checked one week before..when should i repeat my urine test again..what might be the readon for lack of periods
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can repeat after 4 to 5 days

Detailed Answer:
You can repeat the urine test after 4 to 5 days.
If you want to go for blood test, you can go for it now.
The possible causes for delayed periods are :
- Hormonal imbalance due to PCOD.
-Lifestyle modifications like change in diet, exercise etc can also affect menstrual cycle.
-Stress and strain can also delay the periods.
-Pregnancy etc.
After examination and investigations only the exact cause can be made out.