OxyElite Pro caused ulcer type feeling in stomach. Which ingredient caused bloating and gas?

Ayurveda Specialist
I was using Oxi Pro elite and ended up with ulcer type feelings in my stomach, my question is that do you know what could have been in that product that DID help with my feeling of being bloated and gassy all the time, this pill took that away and now it's back since i stopped the pill
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 20 hours later

I believe you got the desired benefit from feeling of gassy and bloated from the ingredient bacopa monniera.

As per ayurveda, digestive system is influenced in its working by numerous factors which also include stress and worry. Hurry, worry and curry upset your digestive system leading to bloating and gas formation.

Bacopa is a basically a nervine tonic and extends good relief to stress and strain and worry and its secondary effects are also visualized on digestive system. Ingredients other than this are more concentrated on thyroid and fat burning along with boosting of energy.

Hope, this helps to solve your query. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: OxyElite Pro caused ulcer type feeling in stomach. Which ingredient caused bloating and gas? 2 hours later
Where can i find this or what else can help me?
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 16 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.

Regarding the availability of Bacopa, it is available in almost all herbal stores.

The easiest way to get rid from gassy and bloated feeling is to regulate you meals and meal timings. Avoid fried and heavy meals and ensure that you have no constipation.

There are number of herbs that relieve these symptoms. Herbs right in your kitchen like fennel, aesfotida, thyme, black salt, cumin offer good relief.

Chewing of fennel after meals prevents gas formation.You can also take half a tea spoon of thyme with a pinch of black salt taken with hot water for this .Psyllum husk taken with water at bed time keeps bowel clear.Slightly roasted cumin seeds and a pinch of fried aesfotida taken with hot water reduces gas .

Best advice is to be regular in meals timings, have a light diet and enjoy early morning walks.