Ovulated with clomid along with metformin and lupi HMG injections. Chances of pregnancy?

Question
I ovulated on my 13th day. This was my second cycle of clomid 100 mg, alongwith metformin and lupi HMG injections. Doc did and PCT and it was good. Today is my 23rd day, what are my chances of pregnancy if the PCT has been good.
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 21 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on health care magic.

Good that you ovulated with clomid 100.
Your chances of pregnancy in this cycle is as high as 60%.
Continue taking folic acid tablets.

Let me know if you have further doubts. I will be happy to help.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Ovulated with clomid along with metformin and lupi HMG injections. Chances of pregnancy? 3 minutes later
What can be the possible reasons of not conceiving this time. I mean when you say it is 60%, I need to know why is it not 100%? I am also taking folinext and another tablet with the name of natura pro..something (can't recall the name). The doc said I need to take it for 14 days, which will help me sustain the pregnancy if it clicks.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 4 minutes later
hello,

It is not 100% because sometimes ovum or sperm can have genetic abnormality. It is nature's way to get rid of damaged zygote(fusion of egg and sperm).
There are many endocrine factors which help in conception. Even minor variation may not lead to successful pregnancy.

Hope it helps.
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Ovulated with clomid along with metformin and lupi HMG injections. Chances of pregnancy? 23 hours later
So, by what time should I do a UPT? I did one yesterday and it turned negative, may be for the fact that it was too early.

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 18 hours later
Wait till 30th day to get a UPT.
It is too early at present to get yourself tested.

regards,
Dr Nilofer