Overweight, trying to conceive. Have had ultrasound. Does it indicate to have natural conception?

Question
Hi , I have been trying to conceive for the past 6 months. I am 37 years of age and overweight. My Doctor sent me for an ultrasound scan and is quite happy that I should conceive naturally but I am worried to death that something is wrong. I will type what the report says:

US Pelvis transabdominal & transvaginal

Poor quality image with limited resolution due to patient body habitus.

The uterus appears normal in size and echotexture with an endometrial thickness of 6.4mm LMP - day 27.

The right ovary has a volume of 10cc, the left ovary has a volume of 11cc. Both ovaries contain numerous small follicles. PCO cannot be excluded, suggest correlation with clinical biochemistry. No free fluid seen.

Do you see that I should be able to conceive naturally with the above report? What should my endometrial thickness be and my ovary volume?

FSH and LH was normal
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 2 days later
Hi, XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting query.
From ultra sound report it is clear that your all parameters regarding uterus and ovaries are quite satisfactory and there are all chances of having natural delivery but before that following likely problems, disturbing pregnancy should be ruled out.
As you are over weight, possibility of having hypothyroid, diabetes should be ruled out.
Having these problems there is a chance of having Poly Cystic Ovary Disease should be ruled out.
If all likely problems are not there, there are all chances of having pregnancy.
Your ovary volume and endometrial thickness is quite normal.
There is no reason for worry about something wrong.
Consult your gynaec and discuss about all these points.
Seeing volume of ovaries your reproductive age is less than your present age.
I hope, I answered your query.
If you have further query or clarification, please write me back.
Dr. Ramesh Vachharajani.

Follow-up: Overweight, trying to conceive. Have had ultrasound. Does it indicate to have natural conception? 5 hours later
I do have pcos can I still conceive naturally

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 4 hours later
Hi, XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting query again.
In spite of having PCOS you can conceive naturally but keep following things in mind,
Take regular treatment for PCOS.
Change your life style and food habits and reduce the weight.
Go for ovulation study and time sexual activity accordingly.

Hope, I answered your query. If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.