Overweight post child birth, lumps in vagina, abdominal pain during intercourse. Treatment for vaginal infection?

Question
i am 22, i am a bit over weight as i had a baby 6 months ago but i am having a problem with my vagina and i am too embarrassed to see my GP. but it is like it is trying to turn inside out, there are large lumps just inside me and i have no idea what is wrong with me
my partner and i had sex last night and it didnt hurt my partner said that i was very tight but i did get pain in my lower abdomen.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 31 minutes later

There could be various possibilities of the lump but some common ones are:
1. Bartholin's Cyst - Is located midway of the labia, and protrudes into the vagina and causes discomfort during sexual intercourse.
Bartholin's cyst is formed when a Bartholin's gland is blocked, causing a fluid-filled cyst to develop. Bartholin's cyst is not an infection, although it can be caused by an infection, inflammation, or physical blockage.

2.Gartner's cyst: They usually do not cause any symptom but a soft lump is felt in the vaginal wall or proturding from the vagina. They may cause pain sometimes during intercourse.
According to the description it seems you are having this.

3. Infected hair follicles - can form small absesses, which can cause a small swelling, but they are associated with redness and throbbing pain.

Exact diagnosis requires a proper physical examination of the swelling in question.
If there is development of any other symptom as pain, discharge, increase in size and number, then consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.

Regards!