Overweight, on diet & exercise. Suggestion for fat burner pills without much side effect?

Please suggest effective fat burner pills/suplements for women and also would like to know if there are any side effect from the same .I am slightly overweight .I am 76kg and need to reduce min 10 kg weight .My height is 5 feet 6 inches .I exercise regularly but not able to shed my weight .Would like to go for some fat burning pills or suplement without much side effect .have read about many but not sure which should be taken.Also on diet i have min necessary diet in small quantities at regular intervals.

Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

I can understand your concern for losing weight and for that purpose there are many fat burning pills in the market which work in different ways like appetite suppressants, increasing metabolism rate, blocking absorption of fats and eliminating waste from the body; but all of them are having side effects.

Most contain the controversial ingredient Ephedra or Ephedrine which is not approved by FDA. Their potential side effects include heart attack, stroke, seizures, psychosis and death.

Diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, headaches, menstrual cycle inconsistencies, chest pain, poor eye sight, dry mouth, irregular heart palpitations, addiction and seizures are other side effects of fat-burning pills.

Even HCG diet is not without side effects and side effects of this diet include swelling of the ankles/feet, mental/mood changes (e.g. depression, irritability), chest pain, slurred speech, weakness on one side of the body and confusion.

Each person reacts to these drugs differently and hence you should take this diet only under your doctor’s supervision.

Losing weight is done best with diet control and exercise. Take a healthy diet consisting more of soups and salads and stop taking any caffeinated products, sugars, fatty foods and junk food. A dietitian should be consulted to prepare a diet chart.

Increase your physical activity by walking briskly, lifting weights, swimming or playing a vigorous game of tennis. Not only will the exertion help shed some pounds, but it's also more beneficial to the heart and skeletal muscles. You can also train under a physical trainer by joining a gym.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.