Overweight, irregular menstrual cycle. Had palpitation, ECG showed irregular heartbeat. No blockage or hole. Father had heart attack.

Cardiologist, Interventional
PalpitationIm Asian female age 41.
Height 160cm & weighs 69kg(overweight).
I have irregular menstral cycle @ 40.
Gave birth to my 3rd child when i was 31.
I have 3 kids all normal delivery with no complication during or after the pregnancy.

I had palpitation when i was 35.
I went for ecg but could not find anything then i was asked to go for threadmill test. Running for 15mins however i could not say whether its painful or tired.

Since its always there it is just like a norm. Is it because of stress?
The recent attack was last year...where i was perspiring in an aircon room and jittering.
They did 24-hr ambulate ecg and found irregular heart beat. I had to go a few test however they could not find anything; They could not find blockage when they did angio. They could not find hole when they did the scanning and i also went for heart MRI.

Just to highlight, my father passes on at aged 48 due to heart attack.

Appreciate your adv.

Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 3 hours later

Thanks for your query

Yes, it looks like mainly the stress and if your angiography has shown normal coronaries, the risk of heart attack is quite low even with your family history.

Only information I need to understand is what was the irregularity on the holter testing? Was it described as any arrhythmia and how frequent was that?

If you can share me the report I would be able to give you more meaningful answer.

Please get back to me with reports