Overweight, hot flashes on breasts and groin areas, constipation. Have fibroid and polycystic ovaries. Is this premature menopause?

Hi, I'm 32 years old. Mum of 2 young girls. Overweight. Lately I've been experiencing hot sensations in my breasts, chest, underarms and groin areas. It's like a hot flush, which comes and goes. I am also extremely fatigued. Have constipation. Am very irritable, and forgetful at times. Lose my train of thought every now and then. I have a fibroid and polycystic ovaries. Any chance it might be premature menopause? Or could it be something more sinister?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Your guess is partial right, means, there is possibility that all this may be due to some hormonal imbalance in your body, but not necessarily premature menopause.

First of all if not done please visit your physician or endocrinologist and get your self examined. After this you may need to be investigated for thyroid disorders which can present in similar way.

The symptoms go in favour of low thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism) in body. This first thing that needs to be looked for.

In case the thyroid functions are normal then we may have think about other possibilities like stress, other female hormone disturbance etc.

As you are having large fibroid you may be having heavy menstrual loss of blood which can lower your haemoglobin can lead to this.

Your doctor after examination will advise necessary further investigation. Please get in touch with your physician and get evaluated.

In mean time, take good diet, XXXXXXX in vitamins and calcium. Have more of XXXXXXX vegetables, salads etc. Avoid junk food as you are overweight.
Do regular exercise.

I hope this helps, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.