Overweight, hip feels sore and feel strained hip muscle. Thoughts?

Hello, I am 32 years old. Female, mother of two boys, three and two. I am about 40 lbs over weight.
I notice that my right hip sometimes feels sore (bruised.) I did try running about one month ago and feel like
I strained my hip flexor muscles, but I am not sure. Everything you :google" online says bone cancer or something. Now I am paranoid. What are thoughts?
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry at this stage

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

At this stage there is no need to worry. Its probably a traumatic or degenerative problem. Mostly it settles by its own. However one month is a long time and that isthe reason it needs to be investigated.
An MRI. Of the hip will be useful in assessing the problem. Probably it has to be some ligament damage in your hip which is causing the pain.
Until you get an MRI try to give rest to your hip.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.