Overweight, developed fluttering or vibration type sensation in groin area. Should I be worried?

I am a 57 year old male and though overweight I'm in very good health.
Over the past week I have developed a fluttering, buzzing or vibration type sensation in my left side groin area. At first it seemed to repeat every 6 or 8 seconds for about a second or two but now seems to be lasting longer or almost continuous buzzing.
There is no pain or discomfort.........just an annoying sensation.
Should I be worried about this?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not really.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it seems to be innocent fibrillations . They represent muscular irritability and subside on their own .

I dont think it needs much attention . But if it still continues you need to consult a neurologist for this . I would advise you to get your serum calcium done because sometimes hypocalcemia may lead to irritability of of muscles .

Dr. Shruti