Overweight and obese, want to go for inch loss. Is it worth doing?

Dietitian & Nutritionist
I wanted to know about the various advertisements which we see nowadays regarding wt loss /inch loss / U- lipo non surgerical method of removing fats. etc etc . I had approached one on the institutes as well and they suggested me to go for inch loss but it will include 48 sessions !!!! . Thats a bit too much . Or else 1 session costing a. bomb .Is it worth doing ? Please advise .
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Weight
Answered by Meenakshi Attrey 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Details requested

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting the query.

Over weight and obesity has become a common problem these days and so does the claims to help one get rid of the extra fat. while these claims and advertisements sound and look so interesting, the fact is "These are not". Many of these would actually help you lose the extra kilos easily but it costs a lot not only in terms of money but your health too and in long run the weight tends to come back faster then it ever did.

These methods does not eliminate the root cause of weight gain, i.e poor food selection and limited or no physical exercises. Consider doing regular physical exercises and take a balanced diet.Daily exercises, like brisk walk and aerobics would improve metabolism and help you loose weight.Include green tea, extra fluids, whole cereals and grain and plenty of vegetables in the daily diet. Avoid refined and fatty foods.

Keep changing the food composition and activity index every 15 days, to avoid monotony and keep your metabolism on its toes.

So, the simplest way to be fit is to workout and to follow a healthy eating pattern.

Hope this satisfies your query.